|Q. ||What are the recomented browsers for this web site ? |
|Ans. ||We recomment CSS3 supported browsers to best viewing of this web site, they are |
|Q. || |
|Ans. ||Download Font |
Details for font installation in Kerala Book Store
Kerala Book Store is completly a unicode enabled website, so you dont need any special fonts to view this website, if you are having windows XP SP2 or later. But for better rendering and smoothing of malayalam fonts, it is always good to use a malayalam unicode font, which will help you to see all malayalam contents very well, with better rendering and smoothing, than default unicode font that comes with your operating system. So for that we recoment you to install AnjaliOldLipi font (Copyright: Varamozhi) If you are using Internet Explorer, you will be able to see this site properly, even if this font is not installed in your computer. But, for other browsers such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, installation of AnjaliOldLipi is recomented for a proper visibility of the site.
- AnjaliOldLipi unicode font installation and setup in Windows
- Download AnjaliFontInstaller1.03.03.exe
- Install the Font
- Logout from Kerala Book Store
- Restart the Browser
- AnjaliOldLipi unicode font installation and setup in linux / Unix
- Option 1 ) Open the file browser (nautilus or Konqueror). Type fonts:/// in the addressbar. Paste the font AnjaliOldLipi.ttf there. Done!
- Option 2 ) Download AnjaliOldLipi.ttf from here, Copy and paste AnjaliOldLipi unicode font, font directory:- /usr/share/fonts/ or user/local/share/fonts More Info
- AnjaliOldLipi unicode font installation and setup in Mac
The easiest way to install this font is to copy it into ~/Library/Fonts. If you have previously installed version of AnjaliOldLipi, be sure to delete it and do a reboot before installing this version.
|Q. ||I did the above step, now i can see malayalam in my browser, but the title and tool tips still shows "□□□□□□□" or "?????" like in the following image, what should i do ? |
|Ans. ||This happens because either your windows XP is |
If your Windows XP is not SP2, we recoment you to install service pack 2 or 3 by visiting microsoft web site. If your computer is XP SP2 then it is recomented that you install East Asian Language support in your computer, this helps not only to view any language in your computer but also to type in any language, such as in malayalam, hindi, tamil etc.., to do this please do the following step
- not Service Pack 2 or
- your browser is too old or (please upgrade to latest version )
- you have not installed East Asian language support in your computer.
- Insert Windows XP SP2 CD to your CD Drive
- go to Start --> Control Panel --> Select "Regional and Language Options"
- select language tab of "Regional and Language Options" screen
- check the "Install files for East Asian Languages" check box
- Click Apply button, installation will start
- complete the installation and restart the computer
- see the following image for info.
Now your computer is fully multilanguage compitable.
|Q || |
|Ans. || |
- Open Internet Explorer
- In Tools menu --> Select "Options" sub menu
- In the Internet Options Window, select the general tab
- Click on the fonts button, a new window will be shown named fonts
- in the language script dropdown select malayalam language
- in the web page font select area, select AnjaliOldLip font and click OK button, if dont have AnjaliOldLipi font in web page font select area, then go to first question and read how to install AnjaliOldLipi Font
- Click OK button to close Internet Option Window
- Close Internet Explorer and open again to see "kootaksharam"
- Firefox Users
AnjaliOldlipi works excellent on Firefox. To use it as default font to display Malayalam and Other Languages [from Tools menu > Options item > Content tab > Fonts & Colors section > Advanced button > Select "Malayalam" and set AnjaliOldLipi as font for serif / san-serif / monospace, do the same for Other Languages also.
|Q ||How to Enable ClearType Please describe |
|Ans. || |
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
- On the Appearance tab, click Effects.
- Click to select the Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts check box, and then click ClearType in the list.
|Q ||Still having Problem with reading of malayalam ??? |
|Ans. || |
- Please read about Help with reading malayalam in this Wikipedia
- or take a screen shot of your web page and send to Web Admin with detailed info about your problem, we will analyze the problem and will assist you to solve the problem , you can get the E-mail ids at Contact Us Page
|Q ||What you mean by Table Rate Shipping ? Please describe |
|Ans. ||Please read about Shipping and Returns here |
|Q. ||I have some suggesion / complaint to put forward, what should i do ? |
|Ans. ||We at Kerala Book Store is always happy to assist you, if you have a suggesion or a complaint or any other to share with us, you are welcome. Our Contact Us page is equiped with our contact address, with full details, including phone no and email address of various departments to give you atmost care |